Submitting Work for Distribution Consideration
We accept submissions on an ongoing basis. Unsolicited submissions are viewed by a Distribution Selection Committee each quarter.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a note of introduction and the following information attached as word files or pdfs (only submissions that include all of the requested information will be considered):
- a link to the submitted work online (and password if required)
- a list that includes the title of the work, year of completion, duration and country of production
- a short synopsis
- a list of previous screenings, broadcast and/or distribution agreements for the title
- a CV or detailed biography, your full postal address, email address and phone number
- links to past work online (if available)
Please submit only one title at a time for distribution consideration. We will contact you by email after the selection committee makes its decision.
Video Out Distribution has a mandate to promote Canadian media art but we also maintain a 10-15 % International ratio in our collection. All submissions will be considered for inclusion in the Video Out Collection. This is one of the largest collections in Western Canada and was established in 1973.
Video Out also has bi-monthly thematic calls for submission. Please visit VIVO Media Arts Centre's website HERE to stay up to date on Video Out calls.